NEW -GMS National Junior Honor Society
April 1, 2019
Dear Georgetown Middle School Parents and Guardians,
I am pleased to share with you that Georgetown Middle School will be establishing the first Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS).
The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle-level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character, and Citizenship.
Students in 7th-grade will be eligible to apply in the first year, spring 2019. Starting next year, spring 2020, all 7th and 8th-grade students will be eligible to apply. Advisor Mr. Patrick Corr will meet with the 7th-grade students this week to explain the application process. Below are some important dates and information to reference:
- April 3 Mr. Corr presents to 7th-grade students
- April 4 Mr. Corr will offer a Q & A for students during lunch
- April 4 Applications available through Ms. O’Leary in the middle school office
- April 4 Information shared through the school-wide announcements
- April 26 All applications due by the end of the school day, 2:15 PM
- Fall 2019 Induction ceremony
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Corr or Mrs. O’Leary in the middle school office.
Mr. Dan Richards